Date night with Johnny

 


Every Wednesday night the cinema comes to  our village and last night the chosen film was Jeanne du Barry, a film about the favourite mistress of Louis XV.

I have been waiting to see this ever since we heard that Johnny was going to be starring in the film.

He plays the part of Louis XV and Maiween is Jeanne du Barry who was one very busy lady as she also directed the film.

The film was chosen to open the Cannes film festival this year and I understand why after seeing the film. 

We enjoyed every minute of the film with its fabulous costumes and beautiful locations.

A lot of the film was shot in Chateau du Versailles, this would have not been easy as they were only allowed to film on Mondays which is the only day the chateau is closed to the public.


I read somewhere that Maiwenn waited 20 years to make the film, it was worth the wait and I am sure she must be very happy with the result of her efforts. 

Johnny Dep speaking French, French Boyfriend holding my hand and interiors that simply take my breath away - what more could a girl want.


Belle journee a tous ♥


Leeann x 

Comments