Au revoir Christmas Decorations....


Yesterday I decided it was time to start taking down the Christmas decorations as I am in cleaning mode.

A few days prior to Christmas day, French Boyfriend arrived with a large Pere Noel decoration, it is one of those decorations the French are famous for, Pere Noel is climbing a rope and you hang him on the exterior of your house.

 You see these all over France,  some are even displayed all year round as the French forget or cannot be bothered to remove them. 

As we had guests with children staying for Christmas, I  accepted this unusual gift and ended up displaing him from one of the shutter catches on the 2nd floor.

After cleaning 4 bathrooms and removing a good majority of  our christmas decorations, I decided wrestling with the large Pere Noel decoration could wait to another day. 

This proved to be the right decision as in the afternoon, a group of small children passed the house on their way to the library which is a couple of meters from where we live.

I heard excited voices and when I looked out of the window, I could see a sea of happy little faces peering up and pointing at Pere Noel dangling from his rope.

Now I understand why the French love this tradition as I have seen it through the eyes of children.

So today he will be carefully removed and stored in preparation for his next apperance in 12 months time..

Belle journee a tous ♥

Leeann x










Comments