La Reine Margo


 

What a night!

Let's watch a movie I said. On went Netflix and we decided on The Joker as it was No. 2 in the top 10 list.

Five minutes into the movie, we decided it was not for us.

I spotted La Reine Margo and as I love French period style films I thought this would be perfect for a cosy, romantic night in.

For some reason I thought this would be a lovely romantic movie shot in beautiful chateaux around France.

I have never seen so much blood in my life as the film detailed one of the most horrific wars in France between the protestants and the catholics. War is not the right word as it was a massacre, one of the worst in French history.

Despite the blood, the movie was fascinating and it left me wanting to know more about Queen Margo.

Rather than go into detail, you can find a very detailed summary about her here.

Ironically she spent a lot of time in Nerac, which is not far from where we live.

One of the many things I love about living in France is the fact that history really does come alive and it always seems more "real" when you can visit historical places you have read about.

Belle journée a tous ♥


Leeann x 

Comments