Festive Food Friday - Rocky Road Chocolate

 


Bonjour from a busy SW France,


It has been a few years since I last made Rocky Road which is a little odd  as it is a treat that the French adore and it makes a change from the millions of other chocolate delights available at this time of the year in France.

I thought I would include some in this year's Christmas goodie bags for friends and family.

  • As a lover of cranberries, I searched the internet and found this recipe.
  • Note I am not a fan of salted peanuts and as I did not have any whole almonds on hand I replaced these with 2 cups of  whole hazlenuts.

  • Ingredients
  • 4 cups marshmallows
  • 1 cup roasted almonds *
  • 1 cup roasted salted peanuts*
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries 
  • 2 x 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped

Directions

1. Mix the marshmallows, almonds, peanuts, raisins and dried cranberries in a large mixing bowl.

2. Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the fruit and nut mix. Stir well to combine.

3. Pour mixture into a paper lined tray and place in fridge for 2-3 hours to set.

4. Cut into bite sized pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge.


Belle journée a vous tous ♥


Leeann x 


Comments