A beautiful day

 


Yesterday was a beautiful day with lots of lovely sunshine. When I got up at 4.45 am it was chilly but it warmed up as the day went on.

You need to dress in layers, the French refer to this as dressing like an onion as you remove layers as the temperature rises.

The first vide-grenier we visited was disappointing and we hoped this was not a sign of things to come.

That said, it was great to see a lot of friendly faces and chat with the locals.

Of to the second market which was calm and had only a few stands.

Here I was lucky enough to find some tresors and returned to the car happy and looking forward to the third market.

The third market was a contrast to the first two markets as it was very busy and known as being one of the most popular in the area. Parking is always a problem and we were happy to find a parking that was not too far from the action incase we needed to transport heavy items.

One of the first items I came across was a lovely antique dinner service which took up one of the sellers tables.

Before I knew it, the sellers were packing it into boxes and I was giving them a hand and said I would return later to collect it.

I continued my tour of the market, purchased a few goodies and called FB to see where he was. 

It was only then that reality set in and I was going have to mention the fact that I needed a hand to get my purchase of the day  back to the car as there was no way I could transport this on my own.

Needless to say FB was not best pleased  and I had visions of single handedly carrying heavy boxes of china for miles.

Fortunately FB sweet talked a fellow dealer into lending us his trolley so we could transport my precious purchase back to the car.

With the cartons loaded into the car, we set off for the 4th and final market which was taking place in a village not far from where we live.

We arrived at midday and it was lovely and calm as everybody was eating.

Perfect for a leisurely stroll in a very pretty setting giving us a chance to chat with friends and enjoy the sunshine. Sadly we did not buy a lot here but it was a lovely end to a very busy morning.

My plans are to start photographing and listing the new items tomorrow, then start cleaning the fabulous dinner service which unfortunately is not dishwasher proof.


Belle semaine a tous from a sunny SW France ♥


Leeann x  














 




Comments