My Week-end Project

 


Bonjour mes belles,

I hope you had a lovely weekend. A lot of my weekend was spent working on my latest purchase, this beautiful chandelier.

It was found on an Italian site and I pretty much purchased it and forgot all about it.

On Friday I received a message advising me that I had a parcel to collect at our local collection point.

As I was busy preparing dinner, I asked French Boyfriend if he could collect this parcel for me, not thinking for one minute it was the chandelier  as this was was purchased earlier in the week.

This is the point where I need to tell you that French Boyfriend aka Antiques Dealer, loves to know what I have been buying  and this was no exception. As it arrived in a large box and was rather heavy, there was no way I could get away with saying it was clothes or shoes.

I was apprehensive about opening the package in front of him but I had no choice as he was standing in front of  me.  The first thing that greeted me when I opened the carton was lots of newspaper and lots of small packages wrapped in the same newspaper.

The beautiful chandelier that I had fell in love with was a shadow of its former self and had been striped bare.

Fortunately most of the crystals were in one piece but around 30 were missing the metal hanging piece.

Needless to say French boyfriend was not impressed and voiced his thoughts about purchasing chandeliers on the internet.

To be perfectly honest, the chandelier without its crystal adornment was not a pretty sight but I was sure it would look better once I set to work cleaning and restoring it back to it's former glory.

I have spent a lot of time working on it and I have 8 pieces of crystal left to attach to the chandelier. I adore it and cannot wait to see it hanging in our dining room. Our electrician is busy for a couple of weeks but it will be worth the wait.

Off to work I go, wishing you a "belle semaine" from sunny SW France♥

Leeann x 

Comments