All it takes

 


It is 6am in the morning and  I have just glanced at my phone.

Up pops up a  fabulous photo with a link advising that we can fly to Porto for 8 euros each from our local airport which is a 25 minute drive away. We have not left France for 2 years and the thought of going anywhere is appealing. We were supposed to go to Lisbon for Christmas but cancelled due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID and the risk of being stuck there, should one of us test positive.

The next minute I know I am searching for dates where we are both free to travel.

With the dates in mind I then start looking for accommodation.

Once I have found somewhere I like the look of,  I then look at things to do.

Filling in the time should not be a problem as there are a lot of museums to visit and it looks like a great place for walking, a trip on the river looks most appealing.....

Back to the flights site where I discover that the price will mount to 50 euros each for a small bag each.

I am not known for travelling light and however romantic the idea appears of just turning up at the airport, I know that is not me and if I did so, I would spend the rest of the holiday shopping for clothes.

Lastly I look at the weather forecast which is for rain and is colder than where we are and there is a good chance it will rain.

For some reason I thought it would be warmer than here and I do not fancy the idea of a rainy few days away.

Meanwhile French Boyfriend is still sleeping like a baby whilst I have been to Porto back....

Belle semaine a tous ♥

Leeann x 

Comments