French Food Friday - Mini Chocolate friands

 


I have a new heart shaped mold which I adore and I am sure it will come in very useful, says she who is addicted to buying anything for baking. Let's be honest it is not just baking objects, I love shopping for just about anything!

I used the mold to make some mini chocolate friands which turned out well and they would make lovely gifts for Saint Valentine's day.


Chocolate friands

 Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups icing sugar 
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
  • 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
  • 6 egg whites, lightly whisked
  • 185g butter, melted, cooled 
 

Method

  • Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease the cake mold you have chosen to use.
  • Step 2 Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add almond meal, flour and orange rind. Stir to combine. Make a well in centre. Add egg whites and butter. Stir to combine.
  • Step 3 Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of 1 friand comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. 
I used mini heart molds which I filled with raspberry jam and some with orange marmalade. 
 
bon fin de semaine à tous, Leeann x

Comments