A quiet Sunday afternoon

 


Yesterday started off cold and wet. In the afternoon the sun came out so I thought I would take a stroll around the village but the wind was eye watering so I quickly headed home again.

I decided to whip up a batch of panettone which  required 3 egg yolks. This left me with three egg whites and the last time I froze egg whites I forgot to mark how many were in the bag.

We hate to throw anything away so I decided to make some cranberry and mandarin  friands to  use the egg whites.

Having two ovens comes in handy and I felt like wonder woman as whilst both items were baking, I decided to give the kitchen a bit of a clean.

French Boyfriend arrives just as I am about to devour a warm panettone dripping with butter and a few minutes later he is doing the same. The only difference being he cut his very carefully into small pieces whereas I tear mine in two, admire the texture then apply a good slab of butter.

The joy of baking and I love how it and my lovely angel can bring cheer to a cold afternoon in SW France.

Here's to baking and getting festive ♥♥


Leeann x 

p.s. My friand recipe will be posted on Friday.

Comments