French food Friday - Crackers au parmesan et romarin
Yesterday was a busy day for both of us, we had an address to visit late afternoon which took longer than anticipated and we returned to the house hungry and a little shocked by the state of the house we had visited,
It is rare that I open a bottle of wine to drink rather than cook with but last night was an exception.
I felt like something savoury to accompany the wine and all we had was some commercially made crackers and a bit of cheese. This morning I had a quick search for a savoury cracker recipe and I will be making some of these delicious looking crackers over the weekend.
Crackers with Parmesan and Rosemary
FOR 20 TO 25 CRACKERS
100 g of wheat flour
2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
45 g butter
70g grated Parmesan
25 g of water
a pinch of pepper
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 15 min
Rest: 30 min
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, pepper and minced rosemary. Add the butter cut into cubes and the Parmesan. Crumble with your fingertips to sand the dough.
2. Add the water and work the dough into a ball. Form a sausage, wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
3. Take out the strand of dough and cut it into slices.
4. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Brown with egg yolk and garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
6. Bake for 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 180 ° C.