French Food Friday - Pain Bagnat Buns
Last weekend I used this recipe to make some buns for my pain bagnat. They turned out well and I am planning on making some more this weekend.
I used dried yeat but I have managed to get some fresh yeast so I want to use this and see if the results are the same.
Pain Bagnat Buns
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Standby: 1 h
Total time: 1 h 30 min
Servings: 2 breads
250 grams flour
5 grams dry baker's yeast
150 milliliters lukewarm water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Bubble the yeast in lukewarm water for a few minutes.
2. Place the flour, the water + yeast mixture, salt, olive oil in the bowl of the mixing bowl.
3. Knead until the dough collects and forms a smooth, flexible and homogeneous ball.
4. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes in a warm place away from drafts.
5.Place the dough on the floured work surface. Divide it into 2 dough pieces. Flatten each dough then fold the edges of the dough towards the center, weld the edges in the center and turn the ball of dough over. Flatten it to give it a round shape about twenty centimeters in diameter and let rise again for 30 minutes, away from drafts, in a warm place. (do the same for the two loaves)
6.Preheat the oven to 220 degrees by placing a small bowl filled with water in the bottom of the oven.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Wait until they have cooled before slicing them to garnish them.
bon vendredi a tous♥♥ Leeann x