French Food Friday - Magical Madeleines
Bonjour from a very chilly SW France,
I thought that we would start the year with one of our favourite recipes, Madeleines which I call magical as they always bring a smile to most people's faces when they see them.
Good things come in small sizes and Madeleines are the perfect sized sweer treat when you feel like a bit of a pick me up at any time of the day.
40g ground almonds
3 small eggs
1 egg white
130g salted butter at room temperature
1 tsp baking powder
1 orange (zested)
A bit of honey
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Zest the orange then place in a pot with a some water and a bit of honey and cook until tender.
- Brush madeleine tins with some melted butter.
- Cream butter then add sugar and ground almonds and mix well.
- Whisk the 3 eggs together then add to the butter mixture.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Then add to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Whisk the egg white until peaks form. Fold into butter mixture.
- Place the mixture into the madeleine tin, be careful do not over fill the tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and place to cool on a rack.
Note for those of you looking for a madeleine tin, we have a few different designs available in our online boutique.
très bon vendredi à tous, Leeann x