French Food Friday - French Strawberry Jam



Yesterday I realised that we had run out of jam.  Fortuntately I have adopted a new habit of freezing fruit and you will find lemons, limes, bananas, raspberries, strawberries and plums in our freezer.

Out came the strawberries, which I left to thaw before whipping up a batch of jam.

Note remember to remove the foam, I was baking biscuits at the same time and forgot to do this.
Hence a couple of my jars have a bit of foam in the bottom of the jar, French Boyfriend told me off and I will remember to do so next time. 

 

French Strawberry Jam

1 kilo  strawberries

juice of 1 lemon

600 grams  of sugar


Wash and cut strawberries. Add lemon juice and sugar. Mix with strawberries and leave to rest for one night in your fridge.

Cook for 45 to 50 minutes on medium heat, removing foam regularly.

Drop a bit of jam on top of a clean plate and if it sticks, it is ready to place in sterilised jars.

Store the jam in a dark, cool place away from daylight. 


bon vendredi ♥♥ Leeann x  

Comments