New Arrivals



Bonjour mes belles,

Apologies for the lack of post yesterday but we have been busy with guests.

Sunday was a stunning day and it was cold but sunny, perfect weather for searching for treasures.


This pair of large, stunning Louis XV style curtain holders was one of my first purchases and the seller's first sale.
When I lived in Dubai, the locals used to say the first sale of the day brings them luck.

Luck was on our side as the seller told us she had driven through the night and had just arrived from Paris, hence she was the last seller to arrive and she was late setting up her stand.

She mentioned that she had some vintage silverware and if we could wait a few minutes for her to unload her van.....needless to say we waited and we came away with quite a few pieces of  vintage Christofle silverware which was used on the ocean liners and it is highly sought after, both in France and around the world.

Silverware is always difficult to photo but I hope to start work on this, later in the week.



The framed expression was an item I adored and I purchased it without thinking about it. Whilst I was in the process of paying for it, a couple of dealers arrived and were disappointed that I had got there before them.  I am keeping them for be as I love this expression and it is a reminder to appreciate all the good things in our lives.

Curtain accessories were to be the theme of the day as I purchased some more Louis XVI curtain tieback holders, which look fabulous in any setting.



I think that is pretty much it for now. Work calls so I had better go and start photographing the "new" items.

 stay safe ♥♥ and have a fabulous week, 

Leeann x

Comments