French Food Friday - Using Vintage Chocolate Molds

 


Making chocolates is as easy as one, two, three but as I discovered you need to tap the mold in order to release the chocolate and I found that leaving the mold in the freezer for a couple of minutes prior helped Pere Noel pop out.

If the bottom is not flat enough for him to stand, just blast the bottom for a few seconds with a hair dryer....

I tempered the chocolate in the microwave using a thermometer but I think that the best results come from tempering the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of hot water. 

You can find the method I used here but there are many others available on the internet.

I think that it is a matter of trial and error and the better quality the chocolate, the better the result.

We enjoyed watching this video who make chocolate making look so easy.

For anyone looking to buy a vintage French chocolate mold, we have quite a good selection available in our etsy boutique.

Happy chocolate making, Leeann x

Comments