French? Food Friday - Hot Cross Buns


Bonjour from a sunny SW France,

I was planning on making French Boyfriend a Kugelhopf  but selfishly decided to make hot cross buns as I love them and wanted us to eat them for petite déjeuner this morning.

I had just enough yeast and I have ordered some fresh yeast for Tuesday as I am planning on baking some bread next week.



French Boyfriend does not like the cross and thinks they taste better without. I have tried explaining to him the reason that we eat the buns is to mark the end of Lent and that  the cross represents the crucifixion of Jesus, and the spices inside signifying the spices used to embalm him at his burial. 

I tried a new recipe and they turned out better than last years efforts and I think this was a result of soaking the fruit in orange juice overnight. You can find the recipe I used here.

Joyeuses Pâques! Happy Easter! 🥚🐇🐾

Leeann x

Comments

  1. Dearest Leeann,
    Those look really yummy and no doubt, soaking the fruit in orange juice has helped it turn out even more perfect. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Hugs and have a meaningful Good Friday and a Happy Easter!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment