Nifty Fifties....



Bonjour mes belles,

I am in the process of updating our etsy online shop and we have a couple of vintage corsets which date back to the 1950's.

They are both peach coloured and this is a colour that is very flattering against the skin.

Why did manufactures stop using this colour I ask myself, it is much nicer than the neutral skin colour that we tend to wear these days.



The publicity for the company that made the corsets that we are selling makes me smile as they really did try to sell the promise of a perfect figure just by popping on a garment which happens to be very appealing to the opposite sex and  is now considered to be pin up lingerie.

We also have the stockings which complete the outfit. Back to the shop I must go.....

Bonne journée et bon week-end à tout le monde, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Dearest Leeann,
    Oh, I remember those corsets so well from my Mother; she wore them and indeed, they looked very nice!
    Funny that now they are labeled pin up lingerie...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment