French Food Friday - madeleines au cappuccino


Bonjour mes belles,

I hope you are having a good week and you are all staying safe. 
We have a good stock of baking ingredients and baking is something that I enjoy and French boyfriend loves his cakes as do most French people. As a bit of a mood booster for our elderly French neighbours I baked a chocolate cake but think that this was as much for me as it was for them as it took my mind of what was happening around the world.
I know that many of you already have madeleine tins so it is time to bring the out of hiding and make some cappuccino madeleines....

madeleines au cappuccino


Ingrédients- 3  eggs
- 150g melted butter
- 150g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g sugar
- 2 tsp instant coffee

- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp hot water

Method

Preheat the oven to 250 ° C.Sift flour and baking powder. Dissolve in a cup, coffee and hot water then add the milk. Beat the eggs with the sugar until white and then incorporate the flour, then the coffee and finally the butter.
Leave to rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (I often leave the mixture in the fridge overnight  and then make the madeleines the next morning).
Grease the madeleine tin.and then fill the madeleine tin 2/3 full and bake at the bottom of the oven on a rack for 4 minutes.  

Lower the oven to 210 ° C and continue cooking for about 6 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the madeleines from the oven and wait a few minutes before removing them from the tin.

très bon week-end à tous asnd stay safe, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Dearest LeeAnn,
    You sure baked them to perfection and what a perfect presentation too...
    Hugs and stay well.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making madeleines. My kids favorite has a scattering of mini chocolate chips. But I think the coffee flavor will be amazing- thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment