Bonjour from a sunny SW France,
It has been a busy week baking wise and these chocolate and raspberry friands were a hit with both friends and guests. Even French Boyfriend gave them the thumbs up which is always a good sign and the French do love their cakes.
Chocolate and Raspberry Friands
75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
180g (1 1/2 cups) pure icing sugar
100g (1 cup) ground almonds
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 tablespoons hot water
3 eggs, lightly beaten
100g reduced-salt butter, melted
1-2 teaspoons pure icing sugar (extra), sifted, for dusting
1) Preheat the oven to hot (200C).
2) Grease a 12-cup friand pan, and line the base of each mould with greaseproof paper.
3) Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar together into a medium-sized bowl, then stir in the ground almonds.
4) Dissolve the cocoa in the hot water in a small bowl.
5) Stir the eggs into the dry ingredients, then add the cocoa mixture and melted butter. Stir until smooth.
6) Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes and then spoon into the prepared pan.Place two raspberries in the centre of each friand.
7) Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180C and bake for another 15 minutes or until they spring back when touched lightly.
8) Allow the friands to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before turning out on to a clean tea towel.
9) Dust with the extra icing sugar prior to serving.
bon vendredi à tous, Leeann x