for Elizabeth


ancien laverie, Montresor

Elizabeth commented on my post about the laverie that she had three in her village and it reminded me of one that we had visited on our travels in France. I  thought that it was in the lot but it turned out to be one that we saw when we visited Montresor in the loire valley. What made this laverie that extra bit special, was the fact that it was situated on the edge of the river so you could take in the fabulous view whilst you did your washing.

Montresor has been classified one of the most beautiful villages in France and it also has a fabulous boulangerie/patisserie as we found out, their cakes were fabulous.


We loved the architecture in the Loire and the streets were clean and well looked after, which is quite a contrast to where we live. 



Last but not least, I think that this photo taken during out visit to Montresor captures the spirit of the village, sleepy and authentically charming.



à plus tard, Leeann x






Comments

  1. Thank you Leaeann. I love this village and remember the delight I felt as we discovered its charm and wandered along the banks of the river. My camera worked overtime that afternoon. However, the washing was noticeably absent in the ancien laverie. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment