French food Friday... Warm figs with Goat Cheese, Pistachios and Balsamic Glaze
recipe and photo from here
Bonjour from a still hot SW France,
We have just come back from a swim in the lake as it is hot and humid here today. The heat wave is set to last another day so we are looking forward to sunday when it starts to cool down again.
This week's recipe is for those of you that love figs, I adore them and have been known to make myself very sick by over indulging. The best figs I have ever eaten was when I was living in Istanbul but French figs come a close 2nd...
Warm figs with Goat Cheese, Pistachios and Balsamic Glaze
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 12 ripe figs, washed
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, roasted, unsalted
- Position oven rack to the upper part of the oven, preheat broiler.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until it simmers.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer for about 10-15 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Turn off the heat, add to a small bowl to cool.
- Remove the stem of the figs,cut a deep 'X' on the top.
- Break the goat cheese into pieces and stuff into the figs.
- Broil the figs for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble and brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with pistachios and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
- Serve warm.
très bon week-end à tous, Leeann x