my favourites...



Bonjour mes belles,

The weather here has been fabulous and we have sunshine again today. I am slowly slipping back into my French life and it is though we have never been away and yet as a result of the holiday I feel that I appreciate things that I previously took for granted.

On Saturday afternoon there was a gentle tap on the front door of our petite maison where I was busy spring cleaning. It was our lovely French neighbor with a stunning bunch of peonies. She said that she remembered that I loved them and these were from her garden.




Such a lovely gesture  and I was happy that I had been busy baking in the morning so was able to give her some home made cakes and also some chocolates that I had bought for her whilst in New Zealand.

It is moments like this that I treasure and  make life that little bit extra special....

Talking of special, yesterday morning was spent hunting for antiques and catching up with fellow dealers. French Boyfriend loved telling everyone about our trip to New Zealand and I did not even have to utter a word. I found a fabulous mirror that needs a bit of restoration and I will take a photo  to show you later in the week.

Wishing you all a semaine fabuleuse, Leeann x





Comments

  1. A lovely post. I especially love the neighborly gesture and relationship since so often all we hear is how unfriendly the French are. merci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, and warm greetings and Bonjour from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, and warm greetings and Bonjour from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment