French Food Friday...Raspberry Clafoutis


 
photo and recipe from here


I am not sure about you but I love raspberries and if there is a choice between raspberries and strawberries, I would pick raspberries. They are my weakness and I have been known to eat all in one sitting hence they do not hang around long  chez nous.

Not sure I am that keen on the actual word raspberry, I prefer the French version Frambroise as it is a lovely word. Most things do sound better in French, just don't tell the Frennch that otherwise they will get big headed. Let's keep it a secret entre nous.

This is a lovely dessert and one that I like to make for dinner parties.

 
Raspberry Clafoutis

Ingredients

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
Salt
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 pints raspberries (3 cups)
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting


  1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a 9-inch gratin dish. In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt. Whisk in the eggs, butter and lemon zest until smooth. Add the milk and whisk until light and very smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour the batter into the gratin dish and top with the raspberries.
  2. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the clafoutis is set and golden. Let cool slightly. Dust with confectioners' sugar, cut into wedges and serve.
très bonne fin de semaine, Leeann x
 

Comments