Thursday, 4 December 2014

calendrier de l'avent...


Bonjour from a chilly SW France,

When I was a child I loved my advent calendar and could not wait until I reached the magical 24 box which always had the biggest and best picture.

Not a lot has changed as this year for the first time since I was a small child I have my own advent calendar or as it is known in France, calendrier de l'avent.


No.4 which I am just about to open...

The only difference between then and now is that the one that I currently have, contains a small chocolate for each day but no glitter on the outside.

I think that the chocolate makes up for the lack of glitter....

à demain, Leeann x 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a 50/50 French-American and, like you, growing up I always had an advent calendar which looked very similar to the one you've shown here. It's been 40+ years since I've had one like that but I always remember them. Thanks for bringing back some memories. I always enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes Leeann chocolate is the perfect little gift for the advent calendar treat!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete

Gluten Free Raspberry & Lemon Muffins

Bonjour from a sunny SW France, After a week of rain, we finally have lots of lovely sunshine forecast for the next 10 days or so. P...