photo and recipe from here
Bonjour mes belles,
After a busy week I can think of nothing nicer than spending a morning in the cuisine, hence this is what I am hoping to do this weekend.
I love clafoutis and it is a dessert that I make often so when I stumbled across this recipe, I thought perfect as it is a cross between a tart and clafoutis.....
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tsp golden caster sugar
- 4 tbsp kirsch liqueur
- 400ml double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g fresh or tinned stoned cherries (if using tinned make sure they are well drained)
- 22cm deep, blind-baked pastry case
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas mark 1½. Break the egg and yolks into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of just simmering water, add the sugar and begin to whisk immediately. Continue whisking the mixture until light and fluffy.
2. Meanwhile in a saucepan, heat the cream with the vanilla. Slowly add the warm cream to the egg mixture, whisking as you pour.
3. Arrange the cherries evenly in the pastry case. Transfer your custard to a jug so that it is easier to fill the pastry without spillage. Place the pastry on the oven shelf and carefully fill with the custard mixture.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tart is set and golden. Cool then place the tart, still in its ring, in the fridge to chill. Serve with spiced stewed cherries.
....bon appetite à tous, Leeann