French Food Friday...French Yogurt Cake
Recipe and photo from here
We often have an excess of yogurt in our house, hence this recipe is perfect for using up excess yogurt. Note the recipe says greek yogurt but it works with any - plain or vanilla.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4teaspoonkosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoonvanilla extract
special equipment8 1/2 x 4 1/4-inch loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat pan with vegetable oil spray. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub sugar with lemon zest in a large bowl until sugar is moist. Add yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract; whisk to blend. Fold in dry ingredients just to blend.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 50–55 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool completely. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
....bon appetit à tous, Leeann x