a little bedtime reading...




This week has been a little cloudy and grey which is not normal for this time of the year but it has come as a welcome respite from the hot dry spell that went on and on and despite being fabulous for the tourists, was not so good for the local producers including the local vignerons.

For me I cannot think of anything nicer than curling up with a good book knowing that it is grey and damp outside.

On top of my reading list was "Love in a Warm Climate" written by Helena Frith Powell.

The blurb on the back of the book goes something like this....

What do you do if you find a bra in your husband's luggage that isn't yours? Or even his!



This is the dilemma facing mother-of-three Sophie Reed, shortly after she moves to France with her family to start a new life. As they are unpacking her husband admits to having an affair with a French woman called Cecile. Sophie thinks about throwing him out with the bra. But then what? Should she move back to England?



Her inner French woman tells her otherwise. She is getting to know her enigmatic, aristocratic neighbour. And then there is her old flame, the breathtakingly sexy, and now famous, Johnny Fray...French women think nothing of having several lovers, but is that the answer for an inexperienced English girl who has been married for ten years?


I enjoyed this book and loved the fact that it was a light read and yet at the same time not dissimilar to events that had taken place in my own life.

I particularly loved the rules at the beginning of each chapter, such as:

Rule 3:Pick a lover who has as much to lose as you do

Rule 6: Be breathtaking, be sexy; but above all be discreet (loved this quote as discreet as a favourite word of my French boyfriend)

Rule 8: Falling in love (or even lust) keeps you young

Rule 22: Personal grooming is your only religion.


A fabulous read which made me laugh and keep me wanting to read more.

So if you are looking for a some light bedtime/daytime/anytime reading I would recommend this fabulous and of course French book.



I am now off to catch up all the chores that I have not completed due to the fact that I was reading this book when I was supposed to be working....



A tres bientot, Leeann x

Comments

  1. I absolutely love this book... a super super chick lit .. as I like them, and so right for a holiday or relaxing read. And it is set in France :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when you get swept up in a book like this? Sounds like the perfect holiday read. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be searching the public library for this tomorrow.It sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must read it!! It sounds like some perfect light summer reading. Vanna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment