Fetes des Fleurs...


Bonjour from yet another hot day (31 degrees) in SW France, how was your weekend?

Ours was another busy but very fun weekend. Yesterday we managed to visit 3 vide greniers where linen was the find of the day (tablecloth, napkins and sheets) along with a fabulous vintage curtain, had lunch at a restaurant owned by a man passionate about antiques and then returned to spend the afternoon at the fete des fleurs in our village. As you may have guessed by the name it was a flower festival and you will find some photos of the flowers that wew on offer, below but I was particularly taken with the children's colleges and wanted to share a few with you....


I love the way the children have mixed different media along with pictures of fairies, butterflies, birds and other animals.




The collages looked fabulous hanging between the trees...



Seeing them inspired me and I may just have to try one for myself...




And now the flowers begin......




There was even some plants from New Zealand......



Along with lots of other lovely plants......


The festival was held in the grounds of the old chateau...



So any different colours, they looked too pretty to move.....






But what is a flower show without everyone's favourite French flower?





Loved all the geranniums but my favourites were these two colours....




Hope that you enjoyed the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Leeann I adore the children's art collages!! very special ...

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do this myself. So very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leann, I noticed the NZ flower stand!!! Geraniums are a fvaourite of mine also.
    The childrens collages are superb, very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those children's collages are divine. So clever and creative. And the flowers too beautiful!! Leahxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, aren't those collages so beautiful, couldn't believe they are done by children!
    Thankyou Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty way to spend a weekend. I love the joyfulness in those children's collages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures. They are creating such a lovely feeling with all those flowers around.

    Greetings rent holiday apartment london

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still cannot figure how people are able to think such interesting combination of stuffs, colors etc. Anyway, keep up the good work.

    Greetings, cheap flats Barcelona

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment